Wound Care Solutions offers a wide-range of solutions for home healthcare companies seeking to provide their patients with equipment. Look no further for quick answers to a number of common questions about our products and services.
What products do you carry?
Wound Care Solutions carries a variety of products. You can see a complete list of what we carry on each of our product pages or read on below.
HOME HOSPITAL BEDS
- Trapeze for Hospital Bed
- Semi-Electric Hospital Bed with Full Rails
- Semi-Electric Hospital Bed with Half Rails
- Semi-Electric Hospital Bed without Rails
SUPPORT SURFACES AND WOUND TREATMENT
- Gel Mattress Overlay
- Low Air Loss Mattresses
- Hoyer Patient Lift with Full Body Sling
- Hoyer Patient Lift with Mesh Sling Commode Opening
- Commode 3-in-1
- Commode 3-in-1 Drop Arm
- Standard Walker
- Junior Walker
- Lightweight Manual Wheelchair
- Heavy Duty Manual Wheelchair
- Reclining Wheelchair
WHEELCHAIR CUSHIONS AND SUPPORT SURFACES
- General Use Seat Cushion
- Positioning Cushion
- Skin Protection Cushion
- Back Cushions
- Anti-Tipping Device
- Heel Loops
- Brake Handle Extensions
- Seat Belt
- Elevating Leg Rests
- Arm Trough
- Oxygen Tank Carrier
- Transfer Board
- Height Adjustable Arms
How can I get a wheelchair or other item?
In order to receive piece of medical equipment, we need to verify that the item is deemed medically necessary by your physician or another qualifying healthcare professional. You can submit a referral online, download paper forms to fill in and fax, or call us (312.738.2330) with your order.
What insurance plans do you accept?
- Most PPOs
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois HMOI
- Blue Choice PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois Dual Eligible
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois Medicaid
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois Medicare Advantage HMO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois Medicare Advantage PPO
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Coventry Health Care of Illinois, Inc.
- Aetna Rx Home Delivery, LLC (Delaware)
- Coventry Health Care National Network, Inc.
- Coventry Transplant Network, Inc.
- Coventry Healthcare Management Corporation
- Coventry Management Services, Inc.
- First Health Group Corp.
- Strategic Resource Company
- American Continental Insurance Company
- Innovation Health Plan, Inc,
- Innovation Health Insurance Company
What kinds of hospital beds and wheelchairs do you have? What do they look like?
For a better idea of what kinds of products we carry, make sure to check out the corresponding sections for each product. These pictures contain pictures we’ve personally taken in order to make sure you know exactly what product you’ll be getting.
Home Hospital Beds
Do you carry wound vacs or wound dressing supplies?
We do not.
Do you carry power chairs or rollators?
We do not.
When will my equipment be delivered? How long do deliveries normally take?
This can vary depending on how quickly your doctor (or signing professional) can complete the necessary paperwork. Deliveries usually take only 24-48 hours after all documentation has been submitted.
We can also coordinate deliveries with Discharge Planners in advance of patient’s discharge date in order to assure that equipment is ready when the patient leaves the hospital.
Do you deliver on Saturdays? What days are you open?
Yes. We do deliver on Saturdays. We are open Monday - Friday from 8:00am - 5:30pm, and on Saturdays from 10:00am - 3:00pm.
What does it take to get a wheelchair or other piece of medical equipment?
In order to get a wheelchair (or other equipment) for yourself or for one of your patients, each patient needs:
- A WOPD signed by an MD, RN, NP, PA, Therapist (PT or OT), or LCSW.
- A medical chart/record including progress notes, a summary, etc.
Do I need a prescription?
- Documentation cannot be written as a prescription.
- Documentation must be a part of the medical chart/record (including progress notes, d/c summary, etc).
- Documentation must be completed and signed by an MD, RN, NP, PA, Therapist (PT or OT), or LCSW.